The objectives of GLEWS+ are to:
- improve detection of health threats and events of potential concern at the humananimal-ecosystems interface;
- undertake joint risk assessments to inform rapid action on all acute health events of potential international concern at the human-animal-ecosystems interface, that would benefit from the organizations working together;
- monitor disease events to assist prediction of changes in endemic or seasonal diseases and associated drivers to inform prevention and preparedness activities for health events at the human–animal–ecosystems interface;
- ensure timely, coordinated and relevant risk communication about high-impact health events of potential concern at the human-animal-ecosystems interface:
- within and between the three organizations,
- contribute to tripartite or organizational risk communication with Member countries, the public and the international community as necessary.